21 Day Fix

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mini Frittatas



I am on a quest to drop carbs and sugar from my diet. Turning 40 was not an easy thing on my body and now I find it cannot tolerate all these things I have ate with no problem before. So in my quest to banish this belly bloat I think carbs and sugar are my worst enemies.

Breakfast is something I cannot skip, so what can I find that falls under my criteria...frittata appears to fit the bill. Basically it is a crust less quiche.

Here is what I did:
8oz cooked turkey sausage (I bought Kroger precooked patties and diced)
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1 zucchini diced
1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
1/3 cup frozen chopped onion
Saute this in 1TBL oil of your choice...


Whip up 10 eggs with a 1/4 cup milk...



Add sauteed meat/veggies and one cup of shredded cheese...



Pour into greased muffin tins (or cupcake liners for easier removal)...



and Voila....12 gorgeous yummy frittatas for 6 easy premade breakfasts.



I froze some to see how they hold up and reheat, hoping to just be able to grab a baggie each morning and head out to work.


No comments: